Friday, April 10, 2009

The first dream in a LONG time

This was kind of strange, and that is why I'm sharing. I was a teacher at this school that was an elementary school with a preschool, kind of like what Gabriel goes to, but not religion based and very activity oriented and creative. I was friends with many of the teachers, loved the children, and was really happy there. I think it was in a slightly tropical setting. The grass and plants were abundant and very lush and green. The children spent lots of time outside, learning about botany and other sciences in real life applications. Each classroom was its own little building that was almost like a hut. Class size was small. There were stone paths between the classes and a stream nearby.

One day, as Doug and I were about to go to sleep, the room became invaded by animals that were not usually found in the immediate area: turtles and crocodiles. Even more strange, they seemed to be coming into the room through a drain pipe that was exposed because an appliance was removed and the hole wasn't covered. A crocodile started chewing gently on my arm, though, honestly, it looked a lot like the one Gabriel has that expands in water. We wrote it off in confusion until it started chewing on my arm and I felt that it had small, real teeth.

This was when I woke up because Jericho started crabbing. I wish I could have seen where it would have gone. It was odd and interesting. The scenery is still sticking in my mind.

No comments: